Basic usage - wp slick slider
creating a slider
- Navigate to wp-admin -> Slick Slides -> Sliders in your WordPress administration.
- Type in the name, slug (if you want this to change), description (not used, but could be used by other plugins etc
- Enter the options presented please view the slide option reference if you have any problems.
- Click the "Add New Slider" button to create the slider.
adding a slide to a slider
- Navigate to wp-admin -> Slick Slides -> New Slider
- Enter the slide title, and the text content (if there is to be any text content!)
- Enter the slide information, such as the slide type and ordering number.
- Select the slider you have previously created from the list on the right, a slide can be added to as many sliders as you like.
- If the slide is to use a featured image, please select or upload it using the "Featured Image" box on the right.
- Press the "Publish" button.
adding a slider to a page
- Take note of the slider slug that was made when you first created the slider. This will be used to specify the slider to display on the page.
- Navigate to the edit screen of the page you wish the slider to appear.
- Add the following shortcode to the page to add in the slider.
[SlickSlider name="your-slider-slug"] replacing
your-slider-slug with the slug of the slider you want to add to the page.